Got No Time For Breakfast, Breakfast On The Go Superfood Smoothie!
I have no time in the morning for breakfast as I'm spending all my time trying to look good for work and I was missing the goodness of breakfast for months till I discovered My Breakfast on the Go Superfood Smoothie.
I make this smoothie for 6 days in advance on a Sunday so every night Mon-Thurs I just put it in a bottle ready to take to work and I have some left over for the weekend.
Recipe for 1 Glass:
- 4 Strawberries
- 4 Blueberries
- 1tsp Goji Berries
- 1tsp Acai Powder
- 1tsp Maca Powder
- 1tsp Ground Flax
- 1tsp Oat Bran Grounded in a blender
- 1tsp Physillium Husk Grounded in a blender
- 1tsp Chia Seeds
- Unsweetened Almond Milk or choice of Unsweetened Soya, Hazelnut or any other milk. Measurement depends on how much fruit content you have in a glass. If your fruit mixture makes half a glass then add half a glass of milk.
1. Blend all the Ingredients together except the milk.
2. If your blender has measurements then add milk till all the contents fill upto 250ml. If your blender doesn't have measurements then put all the fruit mixture in a glass and fill the remaining glass with milk and then pop back into the blender and wiz. This gives the perfect measurement for a glass.
3. Add the Chia Seed and Stir with a Spoon.
This smoothie doesn't need to be sweetened due to the fruit content but If you prefer you can add Agave syrup, Fruit sugar or even better Stevia.
The reason I haven't mentioned adding regular sugar as it is not Low in GI and increases your blood sugar level causing skin to breakout and if you want Glowing Skin its best to avoid Raw Sugar, Brown Sugar and all Cane Sugar. For Glowing Skin its best to stick to low GI Foods.
This smoothie does thicken due to the Oat bran and Pysillium husk expanding but you can shake it and add a little milk to get the normal consistency.
I have been taking this smoothie for a week and I don't feel fatigued and energy less during work and in the morning when I wake up.