Pages

Featured Post

Review: Origins Haul

The Origins counter at Boots really excited me when I asked the lady at the counter if its natural and she replied yes. So I bought a few...

Saturday 27 September 2014

Review: Sukin Facial Moisturiser

A couple months ago I decided I needed to revamp my skin care routine to accommodate my changing skin type with age. My trusty nelsons moisturiser was now not moisturising enough, every now and then I would have to mix in a little glycerin for a boost of hydration. Especialy during the summer months my skin became quite damaged and dehydrated from lack of appropriate SPF usage. There is another post on SPF, and why your using it wrong as I was, check it out here.
So on the look out for a new lotion, I knew what it had to be. Affordable, roughly the same price as nelsons moisturiser, have lovely natural ingredients to hydrate my skin, be light, absorbed into skin easily.

I saw Sukin, a brand that I had not seen before in my usual natural shop 'as nature intended' (They have a lovely website too!). I decided to try the sample and found that it was easily absorbed into my skin, smelled absolutely amazing, like orange blossom or those boiled orange sweets you get!  Turning it around to inspect the ingredients and getting ready to be disappointed with the usual nasties. I was pleasantly surprised to find a long list of  nasties that it does not contain.


I bought the lotion and over the next few weeks, I found my skins hydration had improved, the amount of oil I had was significantly lower as my skin was not producing excess oil to compensate for the dryness. My skin looked more even, felt comfortable, this might be due to the addition of sesame, rose hip  and wheat germ oil which are great for damaged and scarred skin, which I had a lot of from recent acne breakouts. It also has avocado, jojoba, vitamin E, mandarin orange, tangerine and lavender  oils as well as horsetail, burdock,nettle  extracts.  Overall I love this moisturiser I will be sticking with for the foreseeable future, unless of course I find something better, however I feel like finding this was like a needle in a haystack! I will be trying other Sukin products, maybe a night cream as I am looking for a night cream to add to my skin care regime... when it comes to anti-ageing, prevention is always better than cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment